Affiliation: Xiamen University
Cheng Li, Ph.D, Professor of Xiamen University, was born in Dec.9, 1970.
He received the Ph.D degree in microelectronics and solid state electronics from State Key Lab. on Integrated Optoelectronics, Institute of Semiconductors, CAS, on July, 2000.
He, as an associate researcher, once joined in Institute of Applied Physics, University of Tsukuba, Japan from Jan. 2002 to March 2004. He joined in Department of physics, Xiamen University in 2004, where he is currently a professor.
He was involved in Si-based photonic and electronic materials and devices, including growth and characterization of Si-based novel materials and devices, such as photodetectors, light emitting diodes, and Ge MOSFET. He has authored or co-authored more 120 papers in journals and conference proceedings and 6 patents.
semiconductor materials and devices
Current Research Projects
1. National nature science foundation of China, Modification of strain in Ge-on-insulator nanobelts for its applications in MOSFET.
1. Guangyang Lin, Xiaohui Yi, Cheng Li*, Ningli Chen, Lu Zhang, Songyan Chen, Wei Huang, Jianyuan Wang, Xihuan Xiong, and Jiaming Sun，Strong room temperature electroluminescence from lateral p-SiGe/i-Ge/n-SiGe heterojunction diodes on silicon-on-insulator substrate，APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS 109, 141104 (2016).
2. Guangyang Lin, Chen Wang, Cheng Li*, Chaowen Chen, Zhiwei Huang, Wei Huang, Songyan Chen, Hongkai Lai , Chunyan Jin, and Jiaming Sun Strong electroluminescence from direct band and defects in Ge n+/p shallow junctions at room temperature， Applied Physics Letters 108, 191107 (2016).
3. Wang, Chen，Li, Cheng*，Lin, Guangyang，Lu, Weifang，Wei, Jiangbin，Huang, Wei，Lai, Hongkai，Chen, Songyan，Di, Zengfeng，Zhang, Miao ，Germanium n(+)/p Shallow Junction With Record Rectification Ratio Formed by Low-Temperature Preannealing and Excimer Laser Annealing ，IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices，2014，61（9）：3060-3065。
4. Shihao Huang,Cheng Li*,Chengzhao Chen, Chen Wang, Guangming Yan,Hongkai Lai, and Songyan Chen， In situ doped phosphorus diffusion behavior in germanium epilayer on silicon substrate by ultra-high vacuum chemical vapor deposition，APPL. PHYS. LETT. 102, 182102 (2013).
5.Shihao Huang, Weifang Lu, Cheng Li,* Wei Huang, Hongkai Lai, and Songyan Chen，A CMOS-compatible approach to fabricate an ultra-thin germanium-on-insulator with large tensile strain for Si-based light emission， Vol. 21, No. 1， OPTICS EXPRESS 640，14 January 2013.
6.Zheng Wu, Wei Huang, Cheng Li*, Hongkai Lai, and Songyan Chen，Modulation of Schottky Barrier Height of Metal/TaN/n-Ge Junctions by Varying TaN Thickness IEEE Tran. Electron Devices. 59（9），1328， 2012.
7.Cheng LI*, Yanghua Chen, Zhiwen Zhou, Hongkai Lai, Songyan Chen, Enhanced photoluminescence of strained Ge with a delta-doping SiGe layer on silicon and silicon-on-insulator, Appl. Phys. Lett. 95, (2009).
8. Cheng Li, Qinqing Yang, Hongjie Wang, Jinzhong Yu, Qiming Wang, Yongkang Li, Junming Zhou, Chenglu Lin, " Si1-xGex/Si Resonant- Cavity-Enhanced photodetectors with a silicon-on-oxide reflector operating near 1.3m ", Appl. Phys. Lett., 77(2), 157,2000.