Affiliation: Hunan University
Prof. Pan received his PhD in Condensed Mater Physics from the Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2006.
Afterwards, he worked a Humboldt Research Fellow with Profs. Ulrich Goseleand and Margit Zacharias at the Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics. Afterwards in 2008 he joined Arizona State University as a Postdoctoral Fellow, where he became a Research Assistant Professor.
In 2010, Dr. Pan came to Hunan University as a Yuelu Scholar, and created the Key Laboratory for Micro-Nano Physics and Technology of Hunan Province. He is currently a Professor of Physics and Material Science in Hunan University, and is the head of the Key for Nanophotonics Materials and Devices.
His current research interestslie in controlled growth of low dimensional semiconductor structures, physical properties and device applications of optical and photonicnano structures.
My research focus on achieving high-performance integrated photonic devices, such as nanolasers, optical waveguides, amplifiers, modulators and detectors, through controlled material growth and device fabrications, and finally constructing on-chip optical interconnection devices and integrated photonic systems.
1. Xidong Duan, Chen Wang, Anlian Pan, Ruqin Yu, and Xiangfeng Duan, Two-dimensional transition metal dichalcogenides as atomically thin semiconductors: opportunities and challenges, Chem. Soc. Rev., online. (2015)
2. Xiaoxia Wang, Xiujuan Zhuang, Sen Yang, Yu Chen, Qinglin Zhang, Xiaoli Zhu, Hong Zhou, Pengfei Guo, Junwu Liang, Yu Huang, Anlian Pan, and Xiangfeng Duan, High gain sub-micrometer optical amplifier at near-infrared communication band, Phys. Rev. Lett., 115, 027403. (2015)
3. Honglai Li, Qinglin Zhang, Xidong Duan, Xueping Wu, Xiaopeng Fan, Xiaoli Zhu, Xiujuan Zhuang, Wei Hu, Hong Zhou, Anlian Pan, and Xiangfeng Duan, Lateral Growth of Composition Graded Atomic Layer MoS2(1-x)Se2x Nanosheets, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 137, 5284-5287. (2015)
4. Xidong Duan, ChenWang, Jonathan C. Shaw, Rui Cheng, Yu Chen, Honglai Li, Xueping Wu, Ying Tang, Qinling Zhang, Anlian Pan, Jianhui Jiang, Ruqing Yu, Yu Huang and Xiangfeng Duan, Lateral epitaxial growth of two-dimensional layered semiconductor heterojunctions, Nature Nanotech., 9,1024-1030. (2014)
5. Pinyun Ren, Wei Hu, Qinglin Zhang, Xiaoli Zhu, Xiujuan Zhuang, Liang Ma, Xiaopeng Fan, Hong Zhou, Lei Liao, Xiangfeng Duan and Anlian Pan, Band-Selective Infrared Photodetectors with Complete-Composition-Range InAsxP1-x Alloy Nanowires, Adv. Mater., 26, 7444-7449. (2014)